In Canada, we are lucky to have coverage for much of our health care. Unfortunately, there are some costs such as glasses and hearing aids that are not covered for all Canadians.
The cost of hearing aids is usually the result of a few things: the quality of sound that the unit produces, the features included that help the user hear better, the quality of the components of the unit, and the custom fitting and follow-up care by the specialist who fits your hearing aids.
Although inexpensive hearing aids do exist, they are typically made with low-quality components, are not correctly fitted to treat your specific hearing loss, and do not include any professional care by a highly-trained provider who will help you get the most out of your investment.
While price tags can sometimes be intimidating, when it comes to making the best decisions about your health and wellness, it is important to remember that being as healthy as you can be will have positive effects on all areas of your lifestyle and well-being.
Your investment in better hearing is important. If you are still worried about the cost of hearing aids, there are options available to help make them more affordable.
Certain insurance companies have a benefit towards the purchase of your hearing instrument. Your hearing professional should be able to assist you in determining if a benefit is available that can help with the cost of your hearing instruments and in many cases directly bill your insurance for payment.
If you would like to determine whether your benefit plan can cover hearing aids, contact York Hearing Clinic today or reach out to your provider directly.
Get the Care You Need When You Need It Medicard
Medicard’s Patient Financing Program is a simple, affordable way to get the hearing care you need when you need it. There are no delays with Medicard financing: They pay your hearing care provider in full, and you choose from a variety of convenient financing options that are affordable for you. You can apply for Medicard’s Patient Financing Program online at Medicard.
How to Apply for Financing Through Medicare:
- First determine the financial amount you’d like to apply toward your care. Medicard can pre-approve an amount that offers you the flexibility to choose a care provider you’re comfortable with.
- Choose your financing term: as little as six months or as long as six years.
- Submit your completed application through Medicard’s secure online platform at www.medicard.com or via fax at 1-888-699-4417.
- Medicard will notify you of your approved amount by phone.
- Medicard will confidentially fax or email your documents for you to sign.
- Sign and return the documents, along with a voided cheque, to Medicard.
- Medicard will pay your service provider directly.
- Your monthly payment will be automatically debited from your chequing account.
For more information on financing option and hearing aids, contact us today.